Easily Convert Wefted Extensions to Clip Ins - No Sewing Required.
Wefted hair extensions may be considered "old school" but they can be super affordable and easy to find. I have used them for all kinds of things over the years. From making one of the first versions of tape in extensions back in the early 2000's to custom clip ins for my clients.
My clients ask me all the time if they can make clip in extensions out of weft hair. The answer is yes, but it was always a long tedious undertaking. Sewing clips onto wefted hair extensions is not fun at all. It just wasn’t worth the time to sew all those clips onto a bunch of extension wefts.
Also, to get the wefted base the thickness needed for thicker hair you have to sew 2 pieces of wefted hair together and then sew the clips on. If you are anything like me then sewing anything isn't really my idea of fun. Not to mention that the end result always ends up looking like a craft project gone bad.
The real question that needed to be answered was: Can you turn weft extensions into clip ins, EASILY? Finally, I can say YES! After several years of trial and error I am happy to announce you can easily convert most wefted extensions to clip ins.
Not only is it easy. The end result looks like you spent a lot of money on custom clip in extensions.
Have tape in extensions? Click here: How to Convert Tape in Extensions to Clip in Hair Extensions
How to Make Weft Hair Extensions Into Clip in’s | Big Kizzy Snap Clips
I invented Big Kizzy Snap Clips so you can easily convert wefted hair extensions into clip ins - WITHOUT SEWING! Now you can convert hair extension wefts into custom clip in hair extensions a matter of minutes!
The best part is that they are also reusable. When the wefted hair wears out you can remove the Kizzy clips and use them on a new set.
What You’ll Need:
- Big Kizzy Snap Clips - 1 package comes with 12 no sew extension clips, 9 liners and 36 tabs of extension tape. Enough to make 4 - 5” panels.
- How many do I need? 2 to 3 sets of Kizzy Clips are recommended for a full set of clip in hair extensions. It's best to error on the side of too many.
- Blueberry Sealing Tool (or a pair of needle nose pliers)
- Wefted Hair Extensions - 1 bundle is good for an average head of hair. If you have super thick hair you might need 2 bundles.
- Flat Iron
- Scissors - Not your hair cutting shears of course!
- Firmly press together with fingers. Run a flat iron over over the clip in panel and then press everything together with the Blueberry Sealing Tool.
- Remember, clips are REUSABLE.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Wait at least 48 hours before getting the base of the clip in extension wet.
- Do not use conditioner or oil based products on the area where the Kizzy Snap Clips attach to the tape panels.
- When shampooing and conditioning be careful when the base of the clip in extension is wet. Once completely dry - panel will be ready to style and wear.
- Keep hot tools over 200 degrees away from the base.
- Remember to keep your Kizzy Snap Clips. They can be reused.